Hosting Ireland one of the largest domain name and hosting providers in Ireland. For over a decade, we have provided customers with Internet technology services, including Web Hosting, domain name registration and innovative online marketing solutions, but we also provide everything else needed to run a booming online business.
Since 2019, we have been part of team.blue, a European group of brands enabling entrepreneurs to succeed online. As a group, we operate across 15 countries, manage over 1.9 million domains, host more than 650,000 websites, and provide 2 million email accounts to our customers. Our incredible team of nearly 1,700 experts make this happen - are you ready to share your passion and join our team?
Why choose Hosting Ireland?
We want every member of our team to achieve more than they thought possible so that we can keep supporting our customers to succeed. We do this with:
- A diverse and inclusive culture
- Access to flexible working opportunities
- A relaxed, collaborative atmosphere
- Motivational, coach-style leadership
- Employee perks, including an enhanced holiday scheme and a birthday bonus
What we do
We make succeeding online as easy as it can be for our customers. We:
- Provide award-winning IT services
- Keep our products accessible and competitive
- Offer a diverse range of products to allow customers to grow
- Are customer-obsessed, offering multi-channel exceptional support
We embrace difference - We take pride in being an equal opportunities employer, celebrating the diversity of our teams and customers.
We empower - We want every team and employee to feel empowered to make a difference. We believe it's fundamental to our success and that of our customers.
We never stop learning - We share best practices and lessons learned across the whole group so that we can continue evolving and growing.
We are customer-obsessed - Our customers' successes are our successes, so they are at the centre of everything we do.
- Birthday off + bonus
- Healthcare scheme
We are looking for an enthusiastic and pro-active Customer Support Technician to join our team in Hosting Ireland, Waterford.
Working closely with the technical support team, you will be delivering high quality support in a dynamic and busy environment. In addition, you will be trouble shooting a wide range of hosting related issues.
The Support Technician role requires a general understanding of a variety of Internet based technologies and their underlying protocols including HTTP, DNS, FTP and SMTP as well as knowledge of well-known client software that interacts with this technology.
- Escalating customer issues to second and third-line support.
- Liaising with external suppliers.
- Dealing with front line customer technical queries via email and phone.
- Answering support tickets and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- General account and billing management
- Provide product and service advice to new and current customers
Skills & Experience
- Strong IT skills including with Internet technologies.
- Strong previous Customer Service experience.
- Problem solving abilities.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Pro-active in learning new technologies
- Excellent time management
- Provide excellent customer service
- Knowledge sharing
- Creative ability
- Attention to detail
Normal office hours are Monday to Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm.
You will be given complete training from our Waterford office.
After training there may be a possibility of hybrid working as per agreement with your manager.
Right to work
At any stage please be prepared to provide proof of eligibility to work in Ireland. Unfortunately, we are unable to support Sponsorship Visas.